Mental Health Carers ARAFMI Illawarra and the Illawarra Women's Health Centre will be commencing a Women’s Carer Support Group. This is a time for women to come together and share positive coping strategies around caring for a loved one living with a mental illness, chronic illness or a disability and explore how their caring role affects their relationship with the cared for person .
Hi Everyone, please see attached our various flyers of what’s coming up for carers and families. It is essential to register your interest in any of these groups or activities so if there are any changes or cancellations we can notify you. If you would like to attend please call our office on 42833 499 or 42833 993 or send a text message to 0430 570 702 with your name and what you are interested in. We are also looking to hear from carers of what they would like to see us focus on, so if you have any burning ideas of topics or guest speakers please let us know so we can arrange this for you and others who may be wanting the same information.
- June - July 2018 Carer Social Activities
- Carers Support Thursday Evenings 6:30pm
- Walking group @ Botanical Gardens Wollongong
- My Sanctuary BPD support group for carers on Tuesday 5th June 2018, at our office starting at 5.30pm. Topic for this months group is: “What is the most difficult behavior you deal with, with your loved one.”
- Communication and Boundaries when supporting someone with issues of substance abuse
- A night with our local Emergency Services
WWIS Programs for Women